Applications Open for 2017 NHERI REU Program
Published on November 6, 2017
Now is the time to apply for the NHERI Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) summer program. This 10-week experience provides undergraduates with amazing research opportunities at one of the networks 10 multi-hazard engineering sites. Students selected to participate receive:
- Travel funds to and from the research facility,
- a research stipend for their summer work,
- valuable research and career experience alongside a faculty mentor and graduate student researcher,
- travel to another NHERI REU site to present research project, and
- networking opportunities with experienced engineering researchers, scientists, and experts in the NHERI community.
Because the projects vary in scope, we are looking for a variety of majors including civil engineering, computer science and architecture to name a few. If you are interested in solving engineering problems related to natural hazards, this REU program is for you.
Share with your friends, colleagues and students!
The deadline is February 1, 2018, at 11:59pm Central Time.
Learn more and apply at the DesignSafe-CI website.