Paraview User Guide
ParaView is an open-source, multi-platform data analysis and visualization application. ParaView users can quickly build visualizations to analyze their data using qualitative and quantitative techniques. ParaView was developed to analyze extremely large datasets using distributed memory computing resources. Using ParaView in the Workspace, you will be running interactively in a GUI.
More detailed information and ParaView user documentation can be found on the ParaView website.
How to Start a Paraview Interactive Session in the Workspace
- Select the ParaView application from the Visualization tab in the Workspace.
- Locate the directory containing your data files in the Data Depot and follow the onscreen directions to enter this as your Working Directory.
- Select your desired desktop resolution from the dropdown menu.
- Enter a maximum job runtime in the form. See guidance on form for selecting a runtime.
- Enter a job name.
- Enter an output archive location or use the default provided.
- Select the number of nodes to be used for your job. Larger data files run more efficiently on higher node counts.
- Click Run to start your interactive session.
- Be sure to exit the Paraview application when you are finished with the session or any files saved will not be archived with the job.
Last update: May 16, 2018