CONVERGE is a National Science Foundation-Natural Hazards Engineering Research Infrastructure (NSF-NHERI) resource headquartered at the Natural Hazards Center at the University of Colorado Boulder.
CONVERGE advances disciplinary and interdisciplinary hazards and disaster research and establishes and strengthens networks between research communities.
The mission of CONVERGE is to:
- identify and coordinate social science and engineering researchers and interdisciplinary research teams before, during, and after disaster;
- advance the ethical conduct and scientific rigor of rapid response disaster research;
- support the training and mentoring of a diverse next generation of hazards and disaster researchers;
- fund virtual reconnaissance, field research, and the development of novel research instruments and data collection protocols;
- accelerate the development of mobile applications for hazards and disaster research through a partnership with NSF-NHERI RAPID;
- encourage the publication of data and data collection instruments and protocols through a partnership with NSF-NHERI DesignSafe.
For more information, please visit: https://converge.colorado.edu/