The DesignSafe Dataset Awards
Outstanding Datasets Recognized Annually
The DesignSafe Dataset Awards recognize outstanding datasets published in the Data Depot data repository. Multiple Dataset Awards are recognized annually and the selection committee considers datasets across the different types of data models (e.g., experimental, simulation, hybrid simulation, field research, other). The selection criteria include:
- Quality and clarity of the curation
- Potential for data re-use
- Uniqueness of the dataset
Awards Selection and Recognition
Awards are announced every Spring. The authors associated with the selected datasets are:
- Recognized with a feature story on the DesignSafe website.
- Awarded a certificate and Amazon Gift card.
- Invited to give a presentation at a future DesignSafe workshop or webinar.
Eligibility & Nominations
Datasets published in DesignSafe between January 1 and December 31 of the designated year are eligible. Nominations open every Fall/Winter, and are announced on the website and via email.