Research Opportunities with NHERI EF Hinsdale Wave Research Laboratory at OSU
June 28-29, 2023 | 9:00am - 5:00pm PDT
This in-person workshop will provide researchers with an opportunity to learn more about the capabilities of the HWRL NHERI Experimental Facility (EF) for coastal research and developing research proposals to impact coastal hazard and disaster engineering due to hurricane surge/wave and tsunamis. The workshop will include connections to other NHERI components including DesignSafe, SimCenter, RAPID, and other EFs. The workshop will include guest speakers from previously funded NSF projects, several examples of past research projects, and recent facility upgrades, including a new wavemaker capability. Recent updates to the NHERI Science Plan and ASCE Climate Change initiatives for standards including ASCE 7 Flood Loads will be discussed.
- Provide in-depth information on the experimental capabilities of the HWRL to support NSF research
- Provide details on user services to promote proposal development
- Discuss leveraged opportunities with other NHERI components
- Provide information and guidance for pursuing competitive funding at NSF
- Facilitate networking with other researchers
- Learn from users on future directions for HWRL to support innovative research
This one-day workshop with an optional second day for more in-depth discussions will be held on the Oregon State University campus in Corvallis, Oregon.
Eligibility and Travel Funding
- Attendance is restricted to those who are or will be eligible to apply for NSF funding by the Fall of 2023.
- The HWRL will provide travel funding (domestic airfare and up to two hotel nights) for selected workshop participants.