NHERI@UC San Diego User Training Workshop
December 14-15, 2023 | 8:30am - 6:00pm PDT
The NHERI@UC San Diego User Training Workshop will be hosted in person at UC San Diego to bring together researchers and prospective users of the NHERI@UC San Diego Large High-Performance Outdoor Shake Table (LHPOST6) facility and equipment, highlight the capabilities and features of the newly upgraded LHPOST6, inspire new research ideas, and assist in proposal preparation for future projects.
The focus of this workshop is to:
- Showcase the features and capabilities of the 6-DOF LHPOST6 supporting advanced earthquake engineering research.
- Highlight resources and equipment available to researchers at NHERI@UC San Diego LHPOST6.
- Learn about and discuss the latest trends in shake table testing of structural systems, geotechnical systems, and soil-structure interaction.
- Learn about the resources and capabilities of NHERI SimCenter and DesignSafe.
- Explore opportunities to use the NHERI@UC San Diego LHPOST6 facility for various types of NSF proposals and provide researchers with information on best practices for proposal preparation.
This workshop will include a tour of the NHERI@UC San Diego LHPOST6 facility and the specimen under construction. Videos will be shown on the newly upgraded 6-DOF shake table in motion.
Travel assistance is available to a limited number of attendees. Please register as soon as possible for highest consideration.
We look forward to your participation in our upcoming workshop! For inquiries, please contact Dr. John McCartney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your submission. We look forward to your participation in our upcoming workshop!