- Earthquake research, commitment to students recognized NEVADA Today, August 3, 2022. Feature on Keri Ryan mentions NHERI Tallwood.
- Western Kentucky tornadoes spur engineering undergrad research UKNOW U of Kentucky News, August 3, 2022. Mentions NSF RAPID.
- The Insurance Industry Is the Harbinger of South Florida’s Climate Change Risks Treasury and Risk.com, August 29, 2022. Interview with Erik Salna of FIU, mentions NHERI at FIU, includes photo of the Wall of Wind.
- “Ring of Fire” Episode 6 of The End is Nye! On the Peacock channel (subscribers only), August 30, 2022. Several minutes of UCSD shake table footage appears on the show's 6th episode, focused on quakes, tsunami & volcanoes. View the series trailer on YouTube.
- NSF Director Touts Magnitude of UC San Diego Research and Outreach During Visit. Mentions NHERI, the UC San Diego shake table. EINnews, July 1. UC San Diego News Center, July 7. India Education Diary, July 11.
- NSF funds CSU study of windborne debris hazards to improve building performance, urban resilience. Mentions NHERI, NHERI at University of Florida. Colorado State University News, July 5.
- Les scientifiques se préparent à la possibilité d'un ouragan de catégorie 6. Feature on the Wall of Wind, NHERI at FIU, NICHE. Futura Sciences, June 11.
- Bridges Under Pressure. Feature on winners of DesignSafe Dataset Awards. Eureka Alert, July 7. Tech Xplore, July 7. Homeland Security Newswire, July 7. UC Davis News, July 12.
- New Hurricane Lab to Simulate 200mph Winds to Study Effects on Structures USGlass News Network, July 29, 2022. Feature on NICHE and NHERI at FIU.
- NSF director: Let’s seize this moment to achieve prosperity for all. Mentions NHERI and NHERI at University of Florida facility. University of Florida News podcast, June 1.
- FEMA announces national initiative to modernize building codes at FIU Wall of Wind. Florida International University newsroom. Feature on the Wall of Wind. Mentions NHERI, NICHE. June 1.
- Feeling the Heat. Feature on winners of DesignSafe Dataset Awards. Eureka Alert, June 3. ScienceX.com, June 3. Environmental News Network, June 3.
- UH grant-supported research to focus on tsunami damage caused by debris. Mentions NHERI research tsunami research at Oregon State University facility. University of Hawai’i Manoa News, UH News, June 9. Maui Now, June 12. Kauai Now, June 12. The Maui News, June 14. Hawai’i Public Radio, June 17.
- Los científicos estudian la posibilidad de un huracán de categoría 6. Feature on the Wall of Wind, NICHE. Mentions NHERI. El Tiempo, June 9. Meteored, June 10.
- Wood You Believe: Mass Timber Leading a Renaissance in Modern Construction. Mentions NHERI Tallwood project. WSP.com, June 17. CSRWire, July 27.
- Are We Prepared for ‘The Big One?’ Feature on NHERI at UC Davis facility. Mentions NHERI. UC Davis Magazine, June 21.
- New lab to simulate 200 mph hurricanes in quest to make storm-resistant homes. Feature on FIU and NICHE mentions NHERI, NHERI at FIU facility, Wall of Wind. National Geographic, June 17. National Geographic Spain, June 20. National Geographic Netherlands, June 23. National Geographic Brazil, June 30.
- Who said that? Florida's quote of the day. Ioannis Zisis quote. Florida Trend, May 3.
- The College of Engineering and Computing at FIU. Feature mentions the FIU Wall of Wind. Newsweek, May 6.
- Simulating natural disasters: The weather lab with 200mph winds. Features FIU and NICHE. SpectrumNews1, May 9.
- Mr. Twister. Features StEER co-PI David Roueche and NSF-funded research to discover tornado damage data. Auburn Engineer, May 13.
- ‘Cat 6’ hurricane simulator with 200 mph winds, 20-foot storm surge under design at FIU. Feature on FIU and the Wall of Wind; quotes NHERI at FIU co-PI Ioannis Zisis, mentions the NICHE award. Charlotte News & Observer, May 16. Republished in the Bharat Express News, Durham Herald Sun, News4JAX, Florida Today and others.
- FIU to build Cat 6 simulator. Feature on FIU, mentions NICHE, Wall of Wind, PI Arindam Chowdhury. KeysNews.com, May 19.
- Take a look: Florida hurricane facility replicates storm conditions to improve products, building codes. Feature on FIU, ClickOrlando, May 23.
- Florida Lab to Mimic Category 6 Hurricanes with 200-Mile-per-Hour Wind. Feature on FIU and NICHE. Scientific American, May 25.
- FIU experts are available to discuss the 2022 hurricane season. Mentions Amal Elawady from the NHERI Wall of Wind. FIU News, May 26.
- Scientists hope to mimic the most extreme hurricane conditions. Science News, May 31. Mentions NHERI, NHERI UF, NHERI FIU, the Wall of Wind. Quotes multiple NHERI researchers.
- UW-housed RAPID Facility receives $6M renewal grant. Mirage News, April 7, 2022.
- Wooden Skyscrapers on the Rise. Quotes Shiling Pei, PI for NHERI Tallwood project. Wall Street Journal, April 11, 2022.
- FIU leads the way for Miami’s tech hub ambitions at eMerge Americas. Mentions NHERI Wall of Wind. FIU newsroom, April 18, 2022.
- Participated in the world's first 10-story wooden building vibration experiment in the United States. Aquira Home Group article mentions NHERI Tallwood project, PR News Release Service, April 28, 2022.
- Oregon timber product gets the tremor test in university study. Features the NHERI Tallwood project, PI Shiling Pei. KOIN TV. March 1, 2022.
- UNM group designs rock-tapping remote control robot to detect potential slides. Mentions work with NHERI RAPID. University of New Mexico newsroom. March 2, 2022.
- Florida University to design 'Category 6' hurricane wind and surge simulator. Feature story on NHERI Florida International University, quotes PI Arindam Chowdhury, mentions NICHE, NHERI OSU, UC San Diego. Washington Post, March 2, 2022.
- Earthquake' to hit 10-story mass timber structure this summer. Features NHERI Tallwood, quotes Shiling Pei, mentions NHERI at UC San Diego, Woodworking network. March 3, 2022.
- Clarkson University Prof Awarded $200K NSF Grant to Mitigate Wind Damage on Buildings. Story about Pedro Fernández-Cabán and his research at NHERI University of Florida. Clarkson University News, Jan. 5, 2022.
- When water is coming from all sides. Story about modeling flood risks. Mentions DesignSafe. Science Daily, Jan. 13, 2022.
- The Flow of Inteformation. A story about the Georgia Tech hydraulics lab. Mentions NHERI at Oregon State University and Hermann Fritz. Georgia Tech College of Engineering News, Jan 31, 2022.
- FIU receives $12.8 million NSF grant to design an extreme wind, surge and wave testing facility. Published by the PR Newswire and FIU Newsroom, Jan 31, 2022. Reprinted/rebroadcast by CBSMiami, Spot on Florida, Local10News, Miami Herald, and others.
- Civil engineer says buildings will need to prepare for stronger storms, Interview with David Prevatt of the U of Florida and StEER, National Public Radio, Dec. 13
- We can build homes to survive tornadoes like Kentucky suffered. We just haven’t. Essay by David Prevatt, Washington Post, Dec. 27.
- UNM’s SMILab develops marine and underwater smart sensing in NSF/ONR project. Features NHERI RAPID facility. University of New Mexico newsroom, Dec. 21, 2021
- RAPID reconnaissance: Capturing data in the aftermath of a disaster. Features NHERI RAPID facility. Interview with Michael Olson of NHERI RAPID. Engineering Out Loud podcast, Nov. 30, 2021.
- Exploring Mass Timber: A Global Research Project with the NHERI TallWood Project Team. Coughlin Porter Lundeen newsletter, Winter 2021 issue.
- Meet Surfside's Disaster-Data Forensic Sleuths, IEEE Spectrum, August 4
- Notre Dame’s Tracy Kijewski-Correa says as Haiti begins another recovery, we must recognize, respect and accommodate country's own time scales, Newswise, August 16
- Lessons from Surfside and Tropical Storm Grace, The Gleaner, August 21
- OSU research shows scale models effective for predicting storm damage to wood-frame buildings, OSU Newsroom, August 24
- Interview with Lori Peek, principal investigator for NHERI-CONVERGE, in the COVID Calls podcast, July 27.
- Sustaining Solid Ground, July 23, ASU News, July 23.
- NIST Tags Evidence Related to Champlain Towers South Failure, in Engineering News Record, July 22.
- Update on NIST’s Investigation of the Champlain Towers South Collapse, in Homeland Security Today, July 16.
- Interview with Ben Mason, associate professor of geotechnical engineering, Oregon State University. In Engineering Out Loud: Engineering for Natural Disasters podcast, July 14.
- Interview with David Prevatt, professor of civil and coastal engineering, University of Florida. Disasters Deconstructed podcast, July 5.