Over the past several months, the National Science Foundation has renewed funding for six of NHERI network’s 11 experimental facilities through late 2025. As of February 2021, the following EFs had their cooperative agreements renewed.
- Oregon State University, with the large wave flume and directional wave basin (Award #2037914)
- Lehigh University, with the large-scale, multi-directional, hybrid simulation testing (Award # 2037771)
- University of Texas, with its large mobile dynamic shakers for field testing (Award # 2037900)
- University of Texas, with the DesignSafe Cyberinfrastructure (Award # 2022469)
- University of California, Davis, with the large geotechnical centrifuges (Award # 2037883)
- University of Florida, with the Boundary Layer Wind Tunnel (Award # 2037725)
- Florida International University, with the 12-Fan Wall of Wind (Award # 2037899)
Congratulations to all! Researchers at your sites are discovering innovative ways to mitigate damage – to the built environment and society – that is due to natural hazards.